Disneyland Half Marathon is less than 3 weeks away and then there’s Ragnar Napa in a month. I need to get on the ball with my weightloss and do some running so when I came across this Sparkpeople 28-Day BootCamp Challenge this morning I opted in. Here’s what I need to do for Week 1:
Week 1 Action Plan
- Set your goals. Tell us why you’re here and what you hope to accomplish in the Week 1 forum. Consider taking a “before” photos that you can post on your SparkPage or in the Team Photos section.
- Do one 10-minute toning video each day. Follow one of these routines each day (all you’ll need is a pair of dumbbells), starting today! If you have more time, repeat the video once or twice for greater benefit.
- Do 5 cardio sessions this week. In addition to your toning video, plan for cardio (aerobic) exercise any five days of the week. Aim for at least 10 minutes, but if you’ve been exercising for awhile, shoot for 30 minutes. Get cardio ideas.
- Track your workouts. Make sure you are tracking your workouts in the Team Goals section of the SparkTeam or on your Fitness Tracker.This helps you stay accountable and view your progress over time!
- Learn how to earn your trophy. By completing this challenge and tracking your goals in the 28-Day Bootcamp Workout Challenge SparkTeam, you’ll be eligible for a special SparkTrophy at the end of the month.
Seems pretty straight forward. So tonight I hit up the Body Blast class at the gym. Tomorrow a 3 mile run and then we’ll see what happens. It’s been so hot lately it makes me lazy but no excuses. Happy Monday. Make it a great week!